Turn your feast portland trip into an incredible Oregon adventure
So, what makes Portland’s food scene so buzzworthy? Well, it has a lot to do with what happens outside of the city — that’s where you’ll find the bounty of Oregon. Turn your plans for Feast Portland into an Oregon foodie excursion with tasty road trips that showcase the state’s farm-fresh, just-caught ingredients. Check into a quiet farm stay. Visit an idyllic vineyard during harvest. Head to the ocean and grab some seafood right off the docks. Here are a few itineraries to get you inspired:
- Enjoy a “beercation” in the Central Oregon town of Sisters during fresh-hop season.
- Unleash your inner cowboy in Eastern Oregon’s Pendleton at the tailend of its famous rodeo.
- Stretch your imagination with the Oregon Coast’s mystifying natural wonders and sites.
- Take a car-free trip to waterfalls and wine in the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area.
- Treat yourself to reenergizing getaway near the big city in the Portland Region.
- Conquer a top hiking trail in Southern Oregon, then celebrate with a hearty feast.
- Savor the flavors of the South Willamette Valley Food Trail in Oregon’s agricultural heartland.
- Tour Oregon’s wine regions without a car — by bike, bus, helicopter or horseback.
- Indulge in the simple life on a cool Oregon farm, vineyard or ranch stay.
Hungry for more? Sign up for Travel Oregon’s culinary email newsletter and get more tasty trip ideas delivered to your inbox.