VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
1) Contest Description And Period. The “Win A Trip to Feast Portland (!) Giveaway (the “Contest”) is a game of chance in which you can enter for a chance to win prizes. The Contest is sponsored by the Portland Oregon Wine & Food Festival, LLC, an Oregon limited liability company (referred to as “Sponsor”, “we”, “our”, or “us”). One winner will be selected from all eligible entries. The Contest begins on August 3rd 2018, 9:00 a.m. PST and ends on August 13th, 2018 midnight PST (the “Contest Period”). Each person may enter the Contest only once.
2) The Prizes.
- a) The Contest has only one (1) prize which will be awarded to one (1) winner (the “Prize”).
The Prize includes:
- Two (2) roundtrip coach, air travel vouchers from any commercial airport located in the continental U.S. and Hawaii, where Alaska Airlines operates to PDX, Portland, Oregon/any other commercial airport located in the continental U.S. and Hawaii, for use by the winner and his or her travel guest
- Three (3) nights accommodations in one standard double occupancy room at Provenance Hotels, Portland, Oregon to use Thursday, Sept. 13th through Sunday, Sept. 16th in Portland, OR
- Williams-Sonoma: $1,000.00 shopping spree and two (2) tickets to Williams Sonoma’s exclusive Welcome Party on Wednesday evening, Sept. 13th from 6pm-9pm
- Bon Appetit: One (1) year long magazine subscription
- Feast Portland: Two (2) “The Package” passes (providing access to five main events) in Portland, OR
Approximate maximum retail value: $4,415.00. No prize substitutions, cash equivalent, or transfer of the Prize will be permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
The Prizes have been generously donated by third party prize sponsors (“Prize Sponsors”), whose logos are displayed on the Contest webpage at URL. However, this Contest is administered and organized solely by us as the Sponsor, not by the Prize Sponsors.
- b) The odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of entries received. Your odds of winning the Prize automatically decrease as the number of entries increase.
- c) The Prize winner and his or her guest must both be 21 years of age or older to accept the Prize. Some hotels do not permit persons under the age of 21 to check in. Certain parts of the Prize (e.g., tickets to certain events) may only be enjoyed by persons over 21 years of age.
- d) The trip shall take place Thursday, Sept. 13th, 2018 – Sunday, Sept. 16th, 2018. Blackout dates, including restrictions on travel during certain holidays, may apply. Winner is responsible for reserving his or her airfare and accommodations. Airfare and accommodations are final with no refunds, discounts, exchanges, or other transferability of the Prize once awarded. After the airfare has been reserved, the winner may not change the air travel itinerary, substitute different travel guests, or otherwise exchange the airfare, hotel reservations, or any other part of the Prize, unless permitted by the applicable airline and hotel; winner is solely responsible for any fees associated with cancellation or change of the travel itinerary.
- e) Except as expressly provided above, ground transportation and any and all expenses incurred by the winner or the winner’s guest to travel to and from the airports and hotels are solely the responsibility of the winner and his or her guest. The winner and his or her travel guest must possess all necessary documentation required for travel (e.g. valid photo identification). All other expenses not specifically mentioned as part of the Prize (including but not limited to taxes, personal charges, tips, gratuities, travel and trip insurance, ground transportation, and standard baggage fees), are solely the responsibility of the Prize winner and his or her guest. The Prize winner may be required to present a valid credit card upon check in at the hotel to cover any incidental expenses. Sponsor shall have no responsibility for canceled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled flights, events, or travel. Additionally, Sponsor may require, as a condition to awarding the prize and reserving airfare for the winner’s travel guest, that the winner and his or her travel guest sign a liability and publicity release (similar to Sections 6 and 10 below) agreeing to release Sponsor and its directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors and representatives from all losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize.
- f) The Alaska Airline flight vouchers included in the Prize are valid for flights served by Alaska Airlines flights numbered (1-999, 2000-2999) and/or Sky West Airlines flights (3450-3499), and are valid one year from date of issue. Mileage Plan Miles cannot be earned or credited. First class paid upgrades or mileage plan upgrades are allowed. Standard baggage fees apply; see Alaska Airline’s checked baggage policy and flight schedules at alaskaair.com for more details. One ticketed, fare rules apply regarding changes to itinerary. This certificate is void if bartered or sold. If lost, certificates may not be reissued. Individual travel taxes may apply. Once ticketed, fare rules apply regarding changes to itinerary.
- g) The Prize is expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and does not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- a) To be eligible to enter, you must be a legal U.S. resident (excluding residents of Rhode Island) and 21 years of age or older. You must also comply with these Official Contest Rules (these “Official Rules”).
- b) Employees of Sponsor or any parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of Sponsor, or Prize Sponsor, or any entity involved in the production or promotion of the Contest or Feast Portland and members of such employees’ immediate family, are not eligible to enter or win.
- c) To enter the Contest, you must have an internet connection and a valid email address.
- d) Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest (whether electronically or otherwise) and any person who does not comply with these Official Rules, will be automatically disqualified, ineligible for any prize and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
4) How to Enter.
- a) To enter the Contest, you must fill out an online entry form at URL and subscribe to at least three of the Prize Sponsors’ email newsletters, including Feast Portland, Williams Sonoma, Bon Appetit and Provenance Hotels (which you can unsubscribe from later at any time).
- b) You may enter the Contest only once.
- c) WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TELEPHONE SERVICE OUTAGES, DELAYS, BUSY SIGNALS, EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTIONS AND ANY OTHER TECHNOLOGICAL DIFFICULTIES THAT MAY PREVENT YOU FROM COMPLETING, SUBMITTING, OR DELIVERING YOUR ENTRY THROUGH THE FEASTPORTLAND.COM WEBSITE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ENTRIES NOT RECEIVED DUE TO DIFFICULTY ACCESSING THE INTERNET, SERVICE OUTAGE OR DELAYS, COMPUTER DIFFICULTIES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICAL GLITCHES.
- d) By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and to comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Sponsor and those working for Sponsor or on behalf of Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, late, misdirected, or damaged submissions, or for Internet, computer hardware and software, phone, and/or any other technical errors, malfunctions, or delays. Entries which are incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, forged, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. All decisions by Sponsor regarding winner selection, eligibility of any entry, and disqualification of any entry are final and binding and are not subject to review or challenge by any person other than Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest, these Official Rules or in the announcement of the prize(s) or the winner(s).
5) Winner Selection and Notification.
- a) After the Contest Period ends, One (1) winner shall be selected by a random drawing from all qualified entries submitted during the Contest Period. On or about August 13th, 2018, the winner will be notified via the email address listed in their online entry form. The winner will be required to complete, sign, and return, or to provide to us within seven (7) calendar days of notification: (i) an “Affidavit of Eligibility” and a “Liability Release” (must be signed by both the winner and his or her travel guest), (ii) a copy of his/her passport, driver’s license or birth certificate as proof of age and residency, and (iii) a completed and signed Form W-9.
- c) A winner will be disqualified and forfeit the Prize if: (1) a winner does not respond within three days of the first notification attempt, or (2) a Prize-winning notification e-mail is returned as undeliverable, (3) a winner rejects a Prize, or (4) the winner fails to provide us with the required documentation within the applicable time period, or (5) we determine, in our sole discretion, that the winner has not complied with any of the Official Rules. If any of these happen, another winner shall be randomly selected from all remaining qualified entries. If a Prize awarded is forfeited, no other compensation will be given to that winner. The Form W-9 must be completed and must include the social security number or resident alien identification number of the winner. The information in the Affidavit of Eligibility and Form W-9 must be correct and must be identical to the information submitted through the online entry form, or the person will be disqualified.
- b) All decisions by Sponsor with respect to the Contest, including selection of the winner, are final and are not subject to review or challenge by any other entity.
6) Publicity of Winner.
Except in the state of Tennessee and where otherwise prohibited by law, by participating in the Contest, you agree that if you are selected as the winner, you grant to Sponsor, Prize Sponsors, and each of their affiliates the right, for a duration of three years from the end of the Contest Period, to use your name (first name and last initial), identity, image, address (city and state), photograph, voice, biographical information, experience during travel or experience receiving or enjoying the Prize, written or oral statements, and/or likeness used in any advertising, promotion, marketing and/or broadcasting relating to this Contest, Sponsor, Prize Sponsors, or any of their affiliated companies, or any of their products or services, without additional financial or other compensation. You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, rights of integrity or attribution, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of your name (first name and last initial), picture, likeness, address (city and state), e-mail address, biographical information, or photo submission. The winner and his or her travel guest will be required to sign a publicity release confirming such consent as a condition to acceptance of the Prize.
7) Use of Your Personal Information.
When you enter the Contest you will be subscribing to any of the Prize Sponsors’ email newsletters in addition to providing your email address to us, you are also consenting to our providing your email address to the applicable Prize Sponsors for the purpose of enabling the Prize Sponsors to send you email messages about products and services that you may be interested in. We are not responsible for the Prize Sponsors’ use of your email address or other information after we transfer your email address to them. Prize Sponsors’ use of your email address is subject to the Prize Sponsors’ applicable privacy policies. Please consult those privacy policies for more information about how the Prize Sponsors use and process your personal information.
8) Taxes and Other Obligations of Winners.
- a) ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES RELATING TO PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR THE AWARDING OF THE PRIZES ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
- b) By accepting a Prize, each winner releases and discharges Sponsor, Prize Sponsors, and their affiliated companies and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents from any liability or damage due, in whole or in part, to the award, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or from participation in this Contest.
- c) SPONSOR HAS NOT IN ANY MANNER ADOPTED ANY THIRD PARTY WARRANTY REGARDING THE PRIZES, IF ANY, AS A WARRANTY OF SPONSOR. THE WINNERS SHALL LOOK SOLELY TO SUCH THIRD PARTY MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS (E.G., THE APPLICABLE AIRLINE AND HOTEL) TO PERFORM OR SATISFY ANY OBLIGATION UNDER ANY SUCH WARRANTY.
9) Issues of Law.
- a) Governing Law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations are applicable. The Contest is and shall be governed, construed, and interpreted under the laws of the state of Oregon, United States. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest, or engage in any conduct that is detrimental to Sponsor, the Contest, or any other entrant (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification. By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the United States of America in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Oregon, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Oregon or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Oregon, irrespective of the fact that any one of the parties is now or may become a resident of a different state. Any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to this Contest or these Official Rules must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose regardless of any law to the contrary. In the event any such claim or cause of action is not filed within such one (1) year period, such claim or cause of action shall be forever barred. By entering, entrants consent to binding arbitration of any dispute arising out of or related to this Contest or these Official Rules in Multnomah County, Oregon in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Nothing in this Section 9 shall preclude an action for equitable relief by either party, and either party may request a court to issue such temporary or interim relief (including temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions), either before or after arbitration is commenced. The temporary or interim relief may remain in effect pending the outcome of mediation or arbitration. No such request is a waiver of the right to submit any dispute to arbitration.
- b) If any provision of these Official Rules shall be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law and the parties’ fundamental intentions hereunder, and the remaining provisions shall not be affected or impaired, provided, however, that in such cases the parties oblige themselves to use their best efforts to achieve the purpose of the invalid provision by a new legally valid stipulation.
- c) Important Disclaimers and Limitations.
The information and services included in or available through Sponsor, and the FeastPortland.com website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Sponsor or its agents, representatives or contractors may change the FeastPortland.com website at any time.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SPONSOR, PRIZE SPONSORS, AND THEIR agents, representatives and contractors HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS, LIABILITIES, RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN, ARISING BY LAW OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, INFRINGEMENT OR ANY IMPLIED INDEMNITIES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SPONSOR HAS NOT MADE, AND YOU ARE NOT RELYING ON, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS TO YOU REGARDING THE VALUE OF THIS CONTEST OR THE ODDS, IF ANY OF YOU BECOMING A WINNER, OR about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, lack of viruses or other harmful components and accuracy of the information, products, services and related graphics used in connection with the Contest, THESE OFFICIAL rules, OR THE FEASTPORTLAND.COM WEBSITE. All data, information, products, services and graphics related to the contest, these OFFICIAL rules, AND THE FEASTPORTLAND.COM WEBSITE are provided “as-is, where-is” without technical support of any kind.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR, PRIZE SPONSORS, OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS OR REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS OR LOST PRIZES) RELATED TO THE CONTEST, THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE PERFORMANCE OR BREACH OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY SPONSOR, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SPONSOR OR PRIZE SPONSORS ARE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR IF THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES STATED HEREIN FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
10) Your Release of Sponsor and Prize Sponsors From Any and All Liability.
Entrants agree that Sponsor, Prize Sponsors, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors and representatives (the “Collective Parties”) shall not be liable for, and you hereby discharge and release them from all losses or injuries of any kind resulting from: (i) acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of Prizes, (ii) participation in the Contest, (iii) individual, joint or collective technical malfunctions of the telephone network and/or transmission line, computer on-line system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, hardware and/or software, (iv) any delay or distortion of an entry resulting from data transmissions that are garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, mutilated, delayed, corrupted, mechanically duplicated, illegible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, or (v) any use or exploitation of any Content. Entrants also agree that the Collective Parties are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant or third person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from the Contest and/or its prizes. The Collective Parties are not liable for damage to a user’s computer system or mobile device (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction) due, either directly or indirectly, to an entrant’s participation in the Contest or use of the FeastPortland.com website. Collective Parties reserve the right to modify or cancel the Contest in the event that any portion of any website used to administer any aspect of the Contest becomes technically corrupted.
11) Sponsor’s Right to Modify this Contest.
If, for reasons beyond Sponsor’s control (including, but not limited to, tampering or computer virus infection), the Contest cannot be conducted as originally planned, Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest, without liability. Sponsor reserves the right to make changes in these Official Rules, including the substitution of a prize or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If, due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, any part of the Prize becomes unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the Contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize. Sponsor shall not be liable to any participants in the Contest, the winner, or any third party for acts or omissions beyond its control, including without limitation for any acts of God, war, riot, global warming or national emergency.
12) How to Get More Information.
- a) To obtain the identity of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Win A Trip to Feast Portland (!) Giveaway”, 107 SE Washington St., Ste. 150, Portland, OR 97214, with a letter or note indicating that you are requesting the name of the winner, within thirty days of the end of the Contest Period.
- b) To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Win A Trip to Feast Portland (!) Giveaway”, 107 SE Washington St., Ste. 150, Portland, OR 97214, with a letter or note indicating that you are requesting a copy of the Official Rules. Copies of these Official Rules will be also be available at: URL during the Contest Period. Requests for Official Rules may be made at any time. All times and dates in these Official Rules are Pacific Standard Time.
The Contest and all accompanying materials are © 2018, Portland Oregon Wine & Food Festival, LLC.
The Portland Oregon Wine & Food Festival, LLC and Feast Portland names and logos are protected (and registered) trademarks of Portland Oregon Wine & Food Festival, LLC. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.